Website Marketing Strategies And Plans

Get tips and tricks for online blog marketing

6.8.08

My Free Marketing Experiment

A question that has always been asked is, “Is it possible to have a popular website without spending any money?” That is a good question isn’t it. There are a lot of people out there who want to start a website or blog and compete with the corporate websites out there but just don’t have the money for it. So to answer this question for myself and others I am conducting an experiment.

I am using this blog as the experiment. If you have noticed I am using only free services to promote this blog and get readers. I am using blogspot to host the blog which can handle unlimited traffic so no worries about bandwidth and there are a ton of free file hosting services on the net to handle any files people need. I am also using free methods of getting traffic to this blog. On a later post I will go into more detail about different ways of getting free traffic. But here are some common methods of getting free traffic to your blog or website:

- Comment on other popular blogs and participate in forums.

- Use Yahoo Answers to answer questions and use your blog as the source site.

- Make use of the social networks such as StumbleUpon and MyBlogLog.

- Participate in exchanging RSS feeds or links with other popular blogs.

- Write articles and distribute them on the internet using your website address in your resource box.

- Use Search Engine Optimization to get ranked high in search engines.

So those are some common methods to get started. I will be using those same methods myself. So as I am conducting my free marketing experiment please check back and I will keep you posted on my progress.

5 comments:

Michael Pekker said...

Thank you for your article submission to the 2nd addition of the Free the Internet Blog Carnival. Edition was published today and can be accessed through the link:
http://webfreebies4u.blogspot.com/2008/09/free-internet-september-5-2008-2nd-ed.html

Appreciate your valuable addition!
Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

интерьер комнаты фото на все случаи жизни

Unknown said...

Hello,

very Nice article written on "Marketing Experiment". i really like the way you have put every thing in great manner on your article. thanks for sharing such a good article. i would like to see some information related to online affiliate marketing here on your article in future for more information.

Thanks

Chris Brown said...

Hi, I'm looking for some thing that is relevant to this and it makes me feel happy, because that was perfect for what I was looking for. I will share this link on face book.

Avalide 300 mg

Unknown said...

Hi, the content of your post is very clear. Yeah, you can always do SEO on your own if you can't hire an SEO company or web marketing strategies to compete others. I've been doing SEO on my own to promote my own site. My website ranks get higher.